This data privacy statement explains how personal data (‘data’) provided by you and collected by Magirus GmbH (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘the company’) via this website are handled in compliance with the relevant statutory and regulatory requirements. We are committed to protecting and to respecting your private sphere.
1. HOW WE RECEIVE DATA
Data may be collected, processed and stored in the following ways:
a. Data that you provide us through your participation in the CDM Award 2018 competition for the ‘National Firefighting Team of the Year’, the ‘International Firefighting Team of the Year’ or the ‘Special Award for Social Engagement’ (such mandatory information entered on the registration form, including your surname, given name, contact details, professional information and voluntary information such as title and telephone number);
b. Browsing data (e.g., IP address, location, country, time of navigation, time of access) or information generated through your interaction with our website;
Such data are usually provided by you but, in some cases, we may collect data related to your person from third parties or from public registers. We protect such data collected from third parties in accordance with the procedures described in this data privacy statement.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We may use collected data to
i. register you for the CDM Award 2018;
ii. have a jury evaluate information you have provided in order to select a finalist;
iii. publishing your application on our website www.magirusgroup.com for the online selection process.
Data will be exclusively collected and processed for the purpose of conducting the CDM Award 2018.
Your data may be electronically processed by IT systems or manually processed in paper form. Throughout their life cycle, these data will be processed and stored in such a way that ensures the maintenance of their security and confidentiality in accordance with the principles of fairness, legality and transparency as well as in observance of the applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
3. CONSEQUENCES OF FAILURE TO PROVIDE INFORMATION
You are never under obligation to provide us with information. However, should you choose not to provide us with information that is necessary to complete your registration for the CDM Award 2018 and determine a winner, we will be unable to consider your application. Omitting information that is considered optional, on the other hand, will not affect your participation.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
Your data will be shared with the members of the jury that has been tasked with evaluating the submissions for the CDM Award 2018. Your data may be shared with third parties for the purpose of satisfying legal obligations, ensuring our security, protecting our rights or our property, complying with instructions from authorities, or exercising our rights with judicial authorities.
5. HOW WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA
In order to execute the data processing activities specified above, we may transfer your data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This could include saving such data on digital or physical databases that are maintained by other companies on our account. The management and the processing of databases are limited to the purposes of the processing and these shall be performed in accordance with the applicable statutory and regulatory data protection requirements.
If data are transferred to countries outside of the EEA, the company shall take all the necessary contractual measures to provide an adequate level of protection for such data. This includes, in particular, agreements based on the standard privacy clauses adopted by the European Commission concerning the transfer of personal data to outside of the European Economic Area.
6. HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When data are no longer needed for the purposes for which they have been processed, these data shall be deleted or stored in a form that precludes the possibility of identifying the affected persons, provided that we are not required or permitted by law to keep such data. We may store data for a longer period of time if this proves necessary in order to protect our interests in view of potential liability in connection with the provision of products and services or for data processing.
7. DATA CONTROLLER
Magirus GmbH, Graf-Arco-Strasse 30, 89079 Ulm, Germany, is responsible for all personal data that are collected and processed in the scope of this data privacy statement.
Magirus GmbH has appointed a Data Protection Officer. You can reach our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
89079 Ulm, Germany
Phone: + 49 731 408-0
Fax: + 49 731 408-2410
8. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR DATA
You may exercise your rights in accordance with the applicable statutory and regulatory requirements. This includes:
- Right of access: The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the data controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to these personal data.
- Right to rectification: The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the data controller the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her and the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure: The data subject shall have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay; this request shall be executed in observance of the applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Right to object: The data subject shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her.
- Right to restriction of processing: The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the data controller restriction of processing if the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the data controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- Right to data portability: The data subject shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to a data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, provided that the processing is based on consent or on a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to lodge a complaint: Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, every data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of his or her habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes this Regulation.
These rights can be exercised as follows:
- by using the online form, which can be found here http://www.cnhindustrial.com/en-us/footer/Pages/DSR.aspx;
- by sending an email to the Data Protection Officer (email@example.com) along with the standard form, which is available for download here http://www.cnhindustrial.com/en-us/footer/Pages/DSRDC.aspx;
- by sending a letter to the Data Protection Officer at Magirus GmbH, Data Protection Officer, Graf-Arco-Strasse 30, 89079 Ulm, Germany along with the standard form, which is available for download here http://www.cnhindustrial.com/en-us/footer/Pages/DSRDC.aspx.
- by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the standard form, which is available for download here http://www.cnhindustrial.com/en-us/footer/Pages/DSRDC.aspx;
- by sending a letter to the Data Controller at the address specified in Section 7 of this data privacy statement with the subject line “for the attention of Privacy Compliance” along with the standard form, which is available for download here http://www.cnhindustrial.com/en-us/footer/Pages/DSRDC.aspx.
When you submit a request to us, we may require additional personal information from you in order to verify your identity and contact you, if necessary. Such data, along with other data already in our possession, will be processed in accordance with the applicable statutory requirements for the purpose of handling your request. If necessary, some information may be shared with other companies within or outside of the CNH Industrial Group that act as processors of your data in order to handle your request. Your data will only be processed for as long as it is necessary to evaluate and to handle your request. Your data will subsequently be stored for a suitable period of time that allows us to prove that we have handled the request in a proper and timely manner.
9. UPDATES TO THIS DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
This data privacy statement was last updated in May 2018. We reserve the right to amend and to update this data privacy statement from time to time in order to adjust it to any changes made to the relevant statutory requirements or to our processing activities. We will publish all updates on this website, which shall take effect upon publication. We ask that you periodically review this data privacy statement to find out how we protect your data.